Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Sea Lion Attacked by Rabid Singer

You're going to love this.

According to the BBC...
 Pop star Shakira has described how a sea lion "tried to bite" her as she took a picture on her mobile phone. During a holiday in Cape Town the singer wrote about how the animal "got about one foot away from me, looked me in the eye, roared in fury". 
This actually isn't surprising at all. The sea lion was obviously enraged at more paparazzi infringing its privacy. It had recently discovered that its phone was one of those hacked by the reporters from Daily Mirror that Piers Morgan knew nothing about. A story about an intimate threesome encounter with a couple of manatees was all over the front page and the sea lion had to resign his job as a football coach. The headline was "Mana-tease!"
She said: "My brother 'Super Tony' jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast." Shakira and her brother suffered "scratches" from rocks "while trying to protect ourselves". 
 They'll be suing the rocks next.
 In a blog post on her Facebook page titled "Special report: Attacked by a sea lion", the Colombian singer included a photo of a minor cut sustained on her hand. "Everyone there screamed, including me. I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move."
Imagine how the poor sea lion felt!
Shakira, currently visiting South Africa, explained that she thought the animal had become confused. "I believe what happened is that it confused the shiny reflection of the BlackBerry I was taking these pics [sic] with, with some sort of fish," she wrote. "It probably thought I was teasing it with food and then taking it away from it." 
 It's an easy mistake. I tried to order an iPhone with chips and mushy peas the other day. Imagine my embarrassment when the woman in the shop told me that the iPhone only comes with curry sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment